Wednesday 15 January 2014

What Vegetarian Eat- Mexicanish Bits and Bobs on Bread

This was SO good, I've actually started making the refried beans in a big batch to always have in the fridge! It was a grab what you want and put it on bread inspired by ohdeardrea, seriously go check her out, heaps of vege inspiration!
Top left: Green bean salad, steamed green beans, chopped onion, salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil.
Top right: Avocado.
Bottom right: Cream cheese, pickled beetroot and grated carrot.
Middle: Re-fried beans. I fried some onion, garlic and cumin, added a tin of cannelini beans and a little stock and cooked until it was mushy. I then mashed it a bit with a fork too.
Top right: Lentil salad. I cooked off a tin of lentils with garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and cherry tomatoes.

My kids love these sort of meals where you help yourself. They will at least try a little of everything and then if they like it they can go back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment